Scottsdale Travel Guide
If you’ve never made it out to AZ, I HIGHLY recommend planning a trip ASAP. Moving out here has given me a whole new appreciation for the desert and all AZ has to offer – it makes for the perfect vacay! Since I always get questions asking about my favorite spots in Scottsdale, I thought it might be helpful to condense my top picks into one post. Be sure to bookmark this for your upcoming trip!
WHERE TO EAT
Nicer Spots $$$:
- Maple and Ash – this is a VERY fun spot for a girls night or special occasion (bachelorette or birthday). They make it a super fun experience for celebrations.
- Francine – a French restaurant with a vibe like no other. This is a must for at least drinks or happy hour, IMO. Love this place!
- AZ88 – They have the BEST martinis – their espresso martini is arguably the best in AZ.
- Fat Ox – Great date night spot.
- Toca Madera – my FAVORITE restaurant in Scottsdale. Such a fun vibe. I like to describe it as “Classy Vegas in AZ”. This is a must if you are coming on bachelorette – super fun atmosphere at night. FYI – They book out VERY far in advance so I would call ASAP to secure a Rez.
- Steak 44 – my favorite steakhouse in AZ.
- La Hacienda – My favorite Mexican restaurant in AZ. Located at the Fairmont Hotel.
- The Mission – Another nicer Mexican spot.
- Buck and Rider – Best seafood in the area!
- The Americano – This is such a good date night spot with bomb food!
- The Henry – They have a great brunch and rooftop as well.
- Farm and craft – Love this spot for a casual breakfast or lunch. Has healthy options!
- The Montauk- Another fun brunch spot that typically has live music on the weekends.
- Prep and Pastry – They have a great breakfast here, too.
- Sumo Maya – Everyone raves about the brunch here. Very fun vibe and atmosphere! Another great option for bachelorette weekend!
- Barrio Queen – Mexican
- Diego Pops – Mexican
- Geisha – Sushi
- Culinary Dropout – Love this spot for casual American. Has an awesome vibe and typically does live music. I recommend the location in The Quarter.
- North Italia – Italian
- Postinos – Wine bar that has a great happy hour.
- True Food- Healthy casual option.
- Houston’s – One of our fave date night spots.
- Luci’s – Healthy casual option. Specifically love breakfast here!
- Kaleidoscope- The BEST juices and smoothies.
- Press Coffee
- Maverick Coffee
- Street Brew
- Lakeview Coffee
- The Scott Hotel has the insta famous Canal Club. People loving going by there though because the vibes are amazing and its a great photo op. Personally, I think the drinks and food are OK, but the atmosphere is great if you are looking for a fun place to grab a drink.
- The Canopy at The Hilton has some of the best views on their rooftop bar – def worth grabbing a drink there while you are in town!
- Killer Whale Sex Club – A really fun speakeasy with great cocktails!
- Wine Girl Scottsdale – a super fun spot for girls trip or bachelorette. Really cute and photo worthy!
- Bitter and Twisted – highly recommended craft cocktail bar.
WHERE TO HIKE
- Pinnacle Peak – This one is farther north, but one of my absolute favorites in Scottsdale.
- Piestewa Peak – My top recommendation for hiking. This one is a great option for anyone and you’ll get great views.
- Camelback Mountain – typically the first hiking spot that most visitors end up going to, but I recommend against it. Camelback is a very advanced hike and typically not super fun for visitors, even if you are able. I recommend the two above hikes first.
- Tom’s Thumb – Another more challenging hike, but a fun one if you’re up for it and specifically looking for something advanced.
- Sedona – about 1.5 hours north and a beautiful area to explore if you are looking for some gorgeous scenery and hikes. Just be sure to block off a whole day for this if you plan on going!
WHERE TO STAY
There are TONS of AirBNB options and resorts all across Scottsdale/Phoenix. Sharing some of the resorts below that I either personally recommend, or come highly recommended from trusted friends!
- Four Seasons
- The Phoenician
- JW Marriott Camelback
- The Fairmont
- The Scott
- Sanctuary Camelback
WHERE TO SHOP
- Fashion Square
- The Quarter/Kierland
WHERE TO GET BEAUTIFIED
- Nail Salon – Lacquer Nail Salon Scottsdale (ask for Trang!)
- Melt by Melissa – They do anything from waxing to spray tans, eyebrows, lashes, and more! I get my lashes and brows done here. Go see them if you need any beauty treatments while you are in town.
- Luxury Skin Scottsdale – This is where I go for my facials! You have to see Kayla or Jess while you are in town.
Your an always message me with any questions! Enjoy your trip!